Tuesday 3 June 2008

the good kind

There is this lovely guy at work...in his late twenties …we are part of a group that goes to the same resort for outdoor sports training…I ski or snowboard for about 2 hours but he goes all the way there just for 15minutes in the wind tunnel to perfect his skydiving techniques…“pure madness” I tell him but he simply replies “the good kind.”

I just found out some frightening news about him and I’m floored…

I came in from lunch to an announcement…in my mind I was like ‘what is it again…these execs in my company just like to talk sha’…I was shocked to find out that this guy is in an intensive care unit in Paris…what?!!!...I can’t believe it…he only just took the secondment to go to France.

They say he was in car accident on his way to work this morning. British consulate will only release info to his family. The company are flying his family to see him.

Adam you are in my prayers.

‘…the Spirit of him… who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life …through his Spirit who dwells in you.’ Romans 8:11

Good Shepherd help him to get well

8 comments:

ablackjamesbond 4 June 2008 at 11:45  

I hope ur colleague all the best.

Some ur comments on 14th & Serenity and thot i should check u out.

Will come back again.

ablackjamesbond 4 June 2008 at 11:47  

I need to go grab some breakfast right now...sori for the shells i just ta'd on ur virgin blog. I meant to say:

I wish ur colleague all the best.

Saw ur comments on 14th & Serenity and thot i should check u out.

Will come back again

Shubby Doo 4 June 2008 at 12:22  

@ ablackjamesbond...thank you...All things to God in prayer

Update...doctors are still cautious of the outcome but we heard that he woke up and recognised his parents

Wow...u r my 1st commentator or (is it commenter?!)...thanks for that 2

Shubby Doo 5 June 2008 at 12:51  

Update 2 - Just heard he has been put back into an induced coma...so they can give him the treatment required & to help with the pain

rethots 5 June 2008 at 15:30  

Ouch!!! "he simply replies 'the good kind'." Hmmm, 'tis amazing what we learn from (& about) people from a simple conversation. Sometimes, we can hold on to such lessons for a life time. We should (consciously) learn never to let the 'now' time pass us by.

My heart goes to your colleague.

Shubby Doo 9 June 2008 at 13:48  

@ rethots – thank you

Update 3 - Our director has just come back after a visit to the Paris hospital. Adam is still in an induced coma whilst they continue to test, treat and monitor him.

Is no better news, good news?...I don’t know

I must look for the card. I need to sign it 2day. We’re sending that to him to show we care...

Shubby Doo 17 June 2008 at 15:39  

Update 4 - Adam is now awake and speaking normally, even sometimes in French...

He had developed a chest infection but that is now clearing up

He is currently on his way to a hospital in the UK via air ambulance

Lord...thank you

Shubby Doo 18 June 2008 at 15:31  

Update 5 – Adam has been discharged today from the UK hospital and is at home

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP